I am delighted to officially welcome Charlotte to the SMBN as a ‘Friend’, being a friend of the SMBN means that you benefit from the exposure on-line and in print whilst supporting our quest to make work work as single parents. We appreciate every friend of the SMBN as, with their actions, they demonstrate they support our work and mission, whilst enabling us to support theirs. Here is a little about Charlotte:
‘My journey began 5 years ago after a successful career in the public sector, my vision for Castle Green Financial Planning is to provide ‘financial planning in a world worth living in’ through trusted face to face advice for individuals, business owners and their families both locally and nationally. Based in St Owen’s Street, Hereford the Practice covers all areas of financial planning including pension planning, protection and investment planning. Charlotte is passionate about breaking down the barriers that prevent people from accessing financial advice and believes that financial planning is for everyone. If you have any questions or concerns around your finances the team are happy to have a chat.’
Castle Green Financial Planning is an Appointed Representative of and represents only St. James’s Place Wealth Management plc (which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority) for the purpose of advising solely on the group’s wealth management products and services, more details of which are set out on the group’s website www.sjp.co.uk/products. The ‘St. James’s Place Partnership’ and the titles ‘Partner’ and ‘Partner Practice’ are marketing terms used to describe St. James’s Place representatives.
Linkedin Handle: linkedin.com/in/charlottewebbsjp
Joining the SMBN as a friend costs only £2.50 per week and it is designed for women and men who do not identify as single mums but recognise our barriers and help us stand tall and thrive in business and work.
Thank you Charlotte for being a friend. We appreciate you!
- Welcome New Member – Carmen Romero, Founder and Director – Impact Creation Lab Ltdby JulesI am delighted to welcome Carmen Romero as a member of the Single Mums Business Network. Carmen has worked for more than a decade in the space of impact investing, UHNWI, family offices and social enterprises as well as with start-ups at various stages of their growth from ideation all the way to pre-seed or seed investment ready.
- SMBN Webinar – Benefits, Minimum Income Floor, MLM, Business, Flexible Working Agencies, Wellbeing, Finance, Support. – AUDIO only for privacy of attendees.by JulesI’ve had to share this as an audio rather than video for privacy reasons as I failed to remove videos of attendees, but please listen, and do what you can for positive advancement.
- Welcome New SMBN Member – Danielle Baron – Integrative Therapist | Life/Career Coach | Experienced Teacher and AHT 10+ Years | 11 + Entrance Exam Tutor | Seen in Daily Mail, Prima, Grammar School Insider, Brainz Magazine… and there’s more!by JulesI am delighted to welcome Danielle Baron to the Single Mums Business Network! Danielle catalyses children and adults to rise like a phoenix from the flames 🔥 and to reach their optimum potential. She is an entrepreneur, inspiring 11+ and 7+ entrance exams tutor, rapid transformational therapist®, business coach for overachievers, a life coach for all, an NLP Master practitioner and she is also certified by the ILM. Read more…
- Right darlings! The Gov have just made a ‘bit’ of a ‘massive’ poop in judging you instead of tackling the root cause and keeping you safe in the interim, so, let me see what I can do to help… Webinar/ Workshop – Breaking Free from Benefits – Flexible Working and Self-Employment – Free of Charge – all welcome regardless of reason for needing support.by JulesI cannot express enough how disappointed I am in the Chancellor’s attitude towards the most vulnerable members of society in receipt of universal credit. I am all for everybody working, and I am all for growing the economy, but punishing the most vulnerable, instead of tackling the root cause, epitomises what is wrong with our Governance. I have always been a proud tax payer, but right now, I am not proud of where that tax is going.
- Single Mums Business Magazine Autumn Edition 2022 OUT NOWby JulesSingle Mums Business Magazine Autumn Edition 2022 OUT NOW
- Our new Prime Minister Liz Truss, her knowledge of the Single Mums Business Network, aka SMBN, and our renewed hope for access to childcare, homes, financial independence and dignity.by JulesWith every change comes renewed hope, renewed hope for action, change, and a better future for us all, and whatever your political views, this is todays’ reality, and this is where less drama, and more productive focus is needed.
- ITV interviewed me last week; they refused to use my interview, as I refused to deviate from my truth. We need to be clear about who receives benefits, instead of fuelling the stigma..by JulesITV interviewed me last week; they refused to use my interview, as I refused to deviate from my truth. We need to be clear about who receives benefits, instead of fuelling the stigma..
- Welcome New Member – Rachael Namiiro – Founder of Billdup (use bill payments to improve your credit score), to the SMBN!by JulesI am delighted to welcome Rachael Namiiro to the Single Mums Business Network. Rachael founded Billdup, following her own experience post separation, of the reality of an absent credit score if your bills are paid via your partner. Here is what she says;
- SMBN Awards 2022 – Headline Sponsor Announced! Thank you to the Charity Learning Consortium, The #1 online training provider for charities!by JulesWe are delighted to announce that the Headline Sponsor for the 2022 SMBN Awards is the Charity Learning Consortium. The CEO Martin Baker really understands the impact of helping others, from affordable eLearning to flexible working, he has truly created a company to be proud of.
- I’ve had a busy 24hrs! I have spoken to the PM; challenged, listened, delivered our message, presented the barriers, the solutions, the pain, and I am beyond satisfied that I have done all that I can; here’s what was said…by JulesNaturally we do not know whether it will be Rishi or Liz that resides at No.10 next month, but I can hand on heart, in the knowledge that it will be one of them, say that I have spoken […]
- Happy 9th Birthday to KIH Products. The Company that led to the SMBN…by JulesI am SO grateful for my journey; from identifying a gap in the market and supplying KIH Beds to professional practitioners and the #spa industry worldwide. I met a need despite being unable to meet my own needs…
- Award Entries, Membership and More…by Julessmbn – Award Entries, Membership and More… are you up to date? it’s a beautiful day, why not have a browse 💞
- Friend of the SMBN Carol McIntyre – Founder of Exec Pro VA – A Welcome Renewal!by JulesIt is always lovely to welcome a new member or new friend to the SMBN, but it’s something extra special when a member has a break then re-joins, or renews their membership. It’s a real pleasure to extend a warm second welcome to Carol McIntyre, after her confirmation of renewal of being part of what we are so proud to be. A force for good. So, for those of you who don’t know about Carol or Exec Pro VA – here’s a little snippet:
- It’s out! Single Mums Business Magazine – Summer Edition 2022by JulesIt’s out! Single Mums Business Magazine – Summer Edition 2022
- Welcome ‘Friend of the SMBN’, Caron Kipping, Divorce & Separation Coachby JulesWelcome ‘Friend of the SMBN’, Caron Kipping, Divorce & Separation Coach Caron is a Divorce Coach specialising in supporting people in abusive and controlling relationships or dealing with post-separational abuse.
- Welcome ‘Friend of the SMBN’, Katie Phillips, The School of Self Loveby JulesThe Empowered Feminine Approach To Dating When it comes to preparing midlife single women to be ready to receive their ‘one’ and enjoy an empowered relationship – our friend Katie Phillips is your gal. Katie is a master at […]
- With gratitude to 2022 SMBN Awards Prize Sponsor – Something Wicked! Luxury High End Leather and Vegan Leather Lingerie… £250 voucher..by JulesI am very grateful to our friends at Something Wicked, @wearewickeduk for being so generous as to offer a £250 voucher to one of our award winners this year! It is such a special night to treat the ladies who rarely come first, and we appreciate all the help we can get to make that happen!
- Aaaaand, we’re off!by JulesAaaaand, we’re off! The SMBN Single Mums Business Network 2022 Awards are officially OPEN for entries! Read more…
- Cost of Living Crisis – How the Government are trying to step up.by JulesI say step-up, and not help, because they should have stepped up a long time ago. I have always said that the cost of living outweighs inflation and that we have, for our entire lives, trusted that our tax is used for the right reasons, but it has been like observing a solicitor who has been given a trust fund live a very comfortable life on it and giving the beneficiary peanuts instead of the intended income…. So, today, the Chancellor, as a result of outcry and pressure, sadly not through genuine understanding, has announced the following: @MartinSLewis #costoflivingstatement
- Welcome New Member – Michelle Forster, Founder of Tricord Solutions HR, to the SMBNby JulesI am delighted to welcome Michelle Forster, Founder of Tricord Solutions HR, to the Single Mums Business Network. Here is what Michelle says:
- Categories announced for the SMBN 2022 Awards…by JulesCategories this year are: Campaigner of the Year Acing Adversity Award Super Start-up Community Champion Excellence in Customer Care Employer of the Year SMBN Champion of the Year Best Corporate Responsibility Best Innovation Award Best Business Marketing Read more…
- Welcome ‘Friend of the SMBN’, Charlotte Webb, Principle at Castle Green Financial Planningby JulesI am delighted to officially welcome Charlotte to the SMBN as a ‘Friend’, being a friend of the SMBN means that you benefit from the exposure on-line and in print whilst supporting our quest to make work work as single parents. We appreciate every friend of the SMBN as, with their actions, they demonstrate they support our work and mission, whilst enabling us to support theirs. Here is a little about Charlotte:
- Single Mums Business Magazine – Spring Edition 2022 Out Now!by JulesSingle Mums Business Magazine – Spring Edition 2022 Out Now!
- Ruth and the Single Parent Rights Team are working hard to bring single parents employment experiences to politicians..by JulesI have a lot of respect for the work Ruth does, to date alone and unfunded, to ensure that we do not face various discriminations due to our status. As I discuss barriers I realise that as a protected […]
- Small Business – Big Difference! In this interview with Alison Cork we discuss how she champions female entrepreneurs, is passionate about healthy living, and how she has now launched a Viral Campaign for the UK Small Business Community to Donate £1 each to support Ukraine Appeal..by JulesJust wow! You know that question that often pops up – if you could choose just a few people to have dinner with, well, Alison Cork would certainly be on my list, she is an absolute powerhouse, doer, thinker, entrepreneur and all round great lady to support, motivate, inspire, whilst knowing how to pull something out of the bag in an absolute humanitarian crisis to help us all so SOMETHING, when we may feel we can do nothing!
- 2022 – The Year of the Single Parent!by Jules2022 – The Year of the Single Parent! I have it on good authority! Things are changing for us, we are raising awareness of, and challenging, genuine barriers that feed negative public perception. We are making it okay to be single, and a parent! We are not ashamed, we are celebrating a future where relationships are only about love, and not about necessity, we are showing our children that
- SMBN Member Claire, Founder of Pets2Places, welcomes first franchisee, Nicola Hughes, who is now operating the Pets 2 Places pet taxi service in Solihullby JulesSMBN Member Claire, Founder of Pets2Places, welcomes first franchisee, Nicola Hughes, who is now operating the Pets 2 Places pet taxi service in Solihull…
- It’s official! Purple Shoots Responsible Finance Raising Funds to Specifically Support SMBN Members! and we are so grateful!by JulesThis is Mike and Karen, from Purple Shoots, receiving flowers at this years’ Single Mums Business Network Awards, in gratitude for having faith not only in me (Jules), but in a handful of my members when banks had written […]
- From MEH to Magnificent! Ways to grow through student life. By Sarah Harveyby JulesI am so excited for SMBN member Sarah who has today published her book on Amazon – From MEH to Magnificent! Ways to grow through student life. I have had a front row seat for the past two years as Sarah has developed her courses, piloted in private secondary schools and with true relentless tenacity has not given up on her commitment to support the education sector with her experience, advice and expertise, and now she has published a book too, to directly help the students directly or via schools or parents who purchase this book.
- Have you heard the news? Meet the Partners! Laura Callahan and Nehaya Zitawi!by JulesYou may already know if you watched the 6pm news premiere! but if not you can read the online edition of the mag here and read more about Laura and Nehaya as well as all our incredible members and […]
- Welcome New Member, Crystal Gregory. Leadership Coach and Business Consultant – GEC Coachingby JulesI am delighted to welcome Crystal Gregory, an executive leadership coach to the SMBN. Crystal Says: I’m an executive coach who helps leaders understand where their stress comes from, choose the right tools to master these stressors and create […]
- Welcome New Member – Nicola Booth, Founder, Director, and Chair of Trustees – Single Parents Support and Advice Services aka SPSASby JulesI am beyond pleased to welcome Nicola Booth, of Single Parents Support and Advice Services, to the SMBN. Nicola and I connected when I did THE BIG EVENT, for Single Parents Day 2021, and we all know that actions speak louder than words, so the fact that she has since joined so that we can support each others empires and in turn further support the parents we support warms my heart in so many ways. …
- Look at this amazing woman! Welcome New Member Natasha-Dawn Ni Leighn [aka Ash] Founder of Dandelion Weatherstone: VEGAN, ANTIBACTERIAL AND FUNKY C-SECTION KNICKERS…by JulesLook at this amazing woman! Welcome New Member Natasha-Dawn Ni Leighn [aka Ash] Founder of Dandelion Weatherstone: VEGAN, ANTIBACTERIAL AND FUNKY C-SECTION KNICKERS… Yes we all need underwear! But we don’t always realise what challenges exist if you’ve had a c-section, are a pregnant transman or if you have had any kind of surgery that leaves you needing antibacterial high waisted knickers with soft fibres to avoid incision irritation! But just like me with the KIH Bed, Ash became aware of a gap in the market through her own experience and as a necessity entrepreneur with a ‘I can solve this problem for the masses’ attitude, embarked on her own journey of creating something for other people’s benefit, and she is infused with ethics and helping others from her eco chain to her anti slavery and vegan checking measures.. what a very cool lady she is! Here’s a few words from our newest member Ash…
- Wow – my mind is blown! Welcome New Member Donna Easton – Joyologist and Founder of LifeShine! You have to see her website…by JulesWow – my mind is blown! Welcome New Member Donna Easton – Joyologist and Founder of LifeShine! You have to see her website… Ever since setting up the SMBN I have been like a broken record talking about the amazing women out there doing this solo, and changing public stereotyping is an ongoing effort. I am blown away every time I meet yet another incredible woman, and then another one pops up! I just knew they were out there. I have a queue now of women to introduce who have joined lately, but one at a time – as they deserve exclusive PR and recognition! Meet Donna Easton – Donna is a Joyologist, a laugher, a performer, a people connector, a mindset coach, Founder of ‘LifeShine’, ‘WellMeOke’ (wellness cabaret show) and ‘The Selling with Heart Academy’. there is not much I can say except wow – just take a look at her website and see for yourself! @mylifeshines
- Welcome New Member – Laura Clark, Owner of Aurora Beauty, Swindon – to the SMBN.by JulesI am delighted to welcome Laura Clark, Owner of Aurora Beauty, to the Single Mums Business Network. Laura’s treatments look heavenly and I am very excited to be able to support her by helping to raise awareness of her biz.